Experience an exciting 2 hour introductory lesson into the world of Kiteboarding. The fastest growing action sport in the world! Our professional instructors have had many years of experience teaching this exciting sport. Take on a new challenge and learn in a safe fun environment.
- Learn to kite board on the latest model kites and boards
- Highest level of safety
- Instructors are multi-lingual
- 2 hour one-on-on introductory lesson
- Equipment including a Helmet, Harness, Kite / Bar and Kite Board
- Instruction by highly qualified IKO instructors
Kiteboarding is the latest extreme sport that is providing an adrenalin rush to anyone who loves the outdoors. With a good wind, kite surfers can move across the water at more than 40 miles (64 km’s) per hour and launch off jumps more than 30 feet (10 m) in the air.
Fully qualified, International Kiteboarding Organization (IKO) recognized instructors mean you will receive the best quality attention to perfect your skills to this truly exiting sport.
- A liability release waiver must be completed and a parent / guardian must sign if the participant is under the age of 18 years
- Minimum participant age is 12 and maximum weight is 265lb (120kg).
- This experience is not suitable for Pregnant women or people with back and/or neck injuries or heart conditions.
This experience takes place on Key Biscayne (Approx. 15 minutes drive to downtown Miami ).
This experience is 2 hours. Lessons usually take place between 10am-5pm, 7 days a week.
This experience voucher is valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
Please note cancellations/reschedule requests require a minimum of 48 hours notice prior to activity date. There is a strict no show / no refund policy – you’re advised to arrive 15min earlier than the activity time. If you are not there – you’ll be charged 100% of the activity cost (no refund will be provided).
Numbers On The Day
This voucher is valid for 1 person. There is 1 instructor per student.
We reserve the right to reschedule bookings due to unsuitable weather conditions or any other unforeseen situation that may arise. If your experience is cancelled you will be rescheduled by the provider.
Comfortable, casual clothing such as board shorts is recommended. Don't forget to bring a pair of sunglasses, hat and sun cream.
No experience is necessary. Participants do need to be able to swim.
- We offer adaptive classes for people with physical and developmental challenges
- Please call Customer Care on 1 (888) 210-8802 for more details.
Frequently asked questions:
Are lessons really necessary since I surf, windsurf and wakeboard?
Lessons are essential to safely practice the sport, not only for yourself but also for the safety of the general public. A kiter losing control of his kite can cause serious injuries. Please only get lessons from a properly qualified IKO instructor to make sure all safety aspects are covered.
How long does it takes to learn kiteboarding?
To be realistic, on average, it takes 10 to 12 hours to get up on the board and ride in both directions.
How old must I be in order to start kiteboarding lessons? What about minimum weight?
Kiteboarding is taught to children starting from the age of 12. Some begin even earlier with constant supervision. Physical condition rather than weight is taken into consideration but a general rule the minimum weight is around 80 lb. (35kg) minimum.
What Level will I Reach within how many hours?
According to the International Kiteboarding Organization standards, (IKO is the authority worldwide to certify and train kite boarders and instructors), and with our experience, here is the approximate level you can expect to reach:
- 2 - 3 hours: Kite set up- trainer practice- kite piloting in water - body drags- and safety procedures = Discovery IKO Level 1.
- 6 hours: Kite control fully powered - board recovery in deep water, - self rescue procedures- and first water start = Intermediate IKO Level 2.
- 9 hours: waterstarting both directions - fully autonomous with kite and safety awareness = Intermediate IKO Level 2 and 3.
- 12 - 15 hours: Consistent riding and upwind riding. = Independent IKO Level 3.
So what happens if there is no wind ?
We are the only place in the Florida that makes use of a kite boarding accelerator. This special device that helps teach the basic skills of kite boarding even when there is no wind at all.
Kite Boarding Introduction Lesson - 2 Hour - One-on-One
PersonThis experience is for 1 person
Don't miss out on
- Valid for 12 months
- Free exchange
- 14 days refund
- Our Price Guarantee
- More details