Hang gliding is still one of the best ways to enjoy total freedom in the air, in complete safety - and you don't have to train for hours to experience it! Our tandem discovery flight is an ideal opportunity to get off the ground and soar above the beautiful Florida countryside!
- Fly tandem with a certified instructor to guide you
- Towed to 1,500 feet
- Control the glider yourself
With a tandem discovery flight, you have the opportunity to experience the joy of free flight and the thrill of soaring over a quarter mile above the ground, without any prior training. And you won't have to throw yourself off a cliff to get the glider airborne!
Hang gliding used to be considered an "extreme sport", but with the advent of better technology, robust equipment, and proper training courses, the only "extreme" in modern basic gliding is the safety!
Our experienced instructor will go through basic instructions with you before take-off. Then they'll strap in below you, and your glider will be towed up to 1,500 feet (about 0.28 miles) before release.
From there, it's just you and the qualified instructor. No engine noise, great views, and no landing worries - you can fly completely free as you descent gracefully toward the Florida countryside below! You'll take control of your glider, with the instructor to support you and make sure everything is smooth but exciting.
And if you get the hang gliding bug, you can even count the cost of your tandem discovery flight towards a complete solo training package!
- Safety briefing, and instruction on hang glider control
- All hang gliding equipment and safety gear
- Towing by ultra-light aircraft to release height
- Tandem flight from 1,500 feet in the air
- Control the glider yourself
- Can be credited to the cost of our complete solo training package
- Optional HD Video and over 150 photos of your flight ($99 extra)
Would you believe that hang gliders have existed for over a thousand years? Incredible, but true! Now you can enjoy the excitement of flying a modern hang glider through the Florida skies in complete safety, and create some amazing memories to cherish for ever.
- A liability release waiver must be completed and a parent / guardian must sign if the participant is under the age of 18 years.
- All tandem flights are under the guidance of a trained instructor, certified by the United States Hang Gliding Association (USHGA). Instructors always err on the side of caution, and you must follow their instructions at all times.
- Maximum weight of each participant is 250 pounds
Florida Ridge Airsports Park, Clewiston, FL
The entire experience lasts one hour, with about 20 minutes in the air
This experience voucher is valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
Please note cancellations/reschedule requests require a minimum of 48 hours notice prior to activity date. There is a strict no show / no refund policy – you’re advised to arrive 15min earlier than the activity time. If you are not there – you’ll be charged 100% of the activity cost (no refund will be provided).
Numbers on the day
Each tandem flight is for one person only.
This is an outdoor session in Florida. Please dress sensibly for the prevailing weather conditions, and wear sturdy, comfortable shoes for walking around the grassy park. Please bring a windbreaker or jacket, as it is sometimes chilly at altitude.
This activity may be cancelled if weather conditions are dangerous or risk damaging equipment. In this case, the provider will reschedule your session.
This activity is not appropriate for wheelchair users.
Hang Gliding - Tandem Discovery - For 1
PersonThis experience is for 1 person
Don't miss out on
- Experience Vouchers :
- Valid for 12 months
- Free exchange
- 14 days refund
- Our Price Guarantee
- More details