The ultimate hang gliding experience. Released at 5,280 feet - a mile in the air - you'll be aloft for so long that you'll feel like you were born with wings. There is quite simply no better way to enjoy hang gliding - with no previous experience required!
- Fly tandem with a certified instructor
- Towed to 5,280 feet (a mile up)
- Control the glider yourself
- Enjoy aerobatics under the safe control of your experienced pilot
- Fly for so long you'll think you have wings!
Get a taste of everything hang gliding has to offer, from flying past your own shadow on the clouds to watching rainbows of refracted light, from gliding serenely above beautiful Florida to the excitement of aerobatics.
Our Mile High Tandem Flight starts with your safety and piloting briefing. Once you're clear on procedures, you'll strap in for the flight of a lifetime! Our ultra-light aircraft will tow your glider to a height of 5,280 feet - one mile - before releasing you to descend.
Under the guidance of our professional instructor, you'll have the opportunity to experience the very best of modern hang gliding in total safety. Fly among the clouds like a bird, without any engine noise. Glide gracefully above the Florida landscape, a mile below you. Take control of the glider, safe in the knowledge that your qualified instructor is there to support you.
And when you're ready, get a taste of the thrills, too. Modern hang gliders don't just glide - they spin, they stall, they dive, they do 360s and wing-overs. Your instructor can show you just what a glider can do, and get your heart pounding with excitement!
- Safety briefing, and instruction on hang glider control
- All hang gliding equipment and safety gear
- Towing by ultra-light aircraft to release height
- Tandem flight from 5,280 feet (one mile) in the air
- Control the glider yourself
- Experience the thrills of aerobatics
- Optional HD Video and over 150 photos of your flight ($99 extra)
Would you believe that hang gliders have existed for over a thousand years? Incredible, but true! Now you can enjoy everything modern hang gliding has to offer in a single package. Fly the Florida skies in complete safety, and create some amazing memories you can cherish for ever!
- A liability release waiver must be completed and a parent / guardian must sign if the participant is under the age of 18 years.
- All tandem flights are under the guidance of a trained instructor, certified by the United States Hang Gliding Association (USHGA). Instructors always err on the side of caution, and you must follow their instructions at all times.
- Maximum weight of each passenger is 250 pounds
Florida Ridge Airsports Park, Clewiston, FL
The entire experience lasts one hour, with about 30 minutes in the air
This experience voucher is valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
Please note cancellations/reschedule requests require a minimum of 48 hours notice prior to activity date. There is a strict no show / no refund policy – you’re advised to arrive 15min earlier than the activity time. If you are not there – you’ll be charged 100% of the activity cost (no refund will be provided).
Numbers on the day
Each tandem flight is for one person only.
This is an outdoor session in Florida. Please dress sensibly for the prevailing weather conditions, and wear sturdy, comfortable shoes for walking around the grassy park. Please bring a windbreaker or jacket, as it is sometimes chilly at altitude.
This activity may be cancelled if weather conditions are dangerous or risk damaging equipment. In this case, the provider will reschedule your session.
This activity is not appropriate for wheelchair users.
Hang Gliding - Tandem Mile High - For 1
PersonThis experience is for 1 person
Don't miss out on
- Experience Vouchers :
- Valid for 12 months
- Free exchange
- 14 days refund
- Our Price Guarantee
- More details